Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Brahm's Lullaby"

Hey pallies, she's young, she's sweet, she's kind, and she loves our Dino so very very much. That "she" is our Miss Kylie, and she has graciously offered to be our guest Dino-proser for this week's edition of Sunday Serenade with Dino.

Aussie Kylie has never ever known a second when our Dino wasn't a part of her life. Her devoted father himself is a life-long devotee of our Dino and from the moment of her conception has done all thin's possible to instill true and pure Dino-devotion in his true and pure daughter.

Today, our Kylie tells us such a heart-warmin' story of how she was introduced to our Dino's singin' "Brahms' Lullaby when she was newly born and how much that Dino-classic continues to mean to her this very Dino-day.

As Kylie writes, "we just hear that beautiful soothing warm voice of Dean singing this beautiful lullaby." Kylie's love for our Dino is as beautiful as our Dino's singin' of this beautiful song. I can think of no one more qualified to honor our beloved Dino's beautiful voice singin' this beautiful lullaby then our beloved pallie
Kylie.

Enjoys pallies, and likes I am sure that Kylie would be grateful for your Dino-comments on her Dino-efforts! Dino-engaged, DMP



I was recently browsing through the many video clips on Youtube and I came across a song which was a big part of my early childhood, Brahms Lullaby.

I hadn`t listened to this song in a few years, I had to hear it again.
My memories of the first time I heard this song are non existant.
My dad told me when I was older, that I was a baby with very good lungs who just didn`t want to sleep.

Dad tried singing to me himself and that only upset me more.
Then he decided to play a song from the Dean Martin album Sleep Warm he had, Brahm`s Lullaby.

The story goes I fell asleep somewhere during the song and dad would play this song at bedtime for the next few years night after night.
He said I slept like an angel.

Now I`m all grown up I thought I`d listen to this song once again.
Here was the soothing voice which I grew to love.
Listening to this again, I noticed Dean sings this with very little orchestra accompanient.

The orchestra can be heard at the start of the song as an intro.
Then we just hear that beautiful soothing warm voice of Dean singing this beautiful lullaby.

No wonder I fell in love with that voice so long ago.
This is a great example of the rich mellow singing voice Dean had.
We hear a little tinkle of the piano at the very end but for the most part, Dean sang this by himself.

This song not only brought back memories for me but also reminded me of just how beautiful Deans voice was.
He didn`t need an orchestra or chorus.

As a baby I must have felt Dean was singing this to me personally because that`s the way I felt when hearing this song again just now.
Only now I`m no longer a baby but I think if I were to listen to this song in bed tonight, I would have a wonderful warm sleep.
Kylie

6 comments:

Levi said...

This is so cool.
Dino Dude you have gone done another good intro to Kys story.
I thinks like this is the best story Ky has done in sunday serenades.
I listened to Dino sing and she is right on dude, his voice is the coolest and i felt sleepy eyed hearin Dino sing this
a really cool sunday serenade.
I really dig this the most
Levi

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean :)
The way you put this together is wonderful :)
As I said I don`t think I`m very good at writing but you have made something average look great :)
Hugs and Kisses
from Kylie xxxoooxxx

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Deanager Levi, thanks for your appreciato for my intro,and most of all our Ky's wonderful Dino-thoughts..yup, I agree this is our Ky's best yet Dino-reflections....keeps lovin' our Dino dude!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Ky, as usual you are as modest as our Dino always is...believes our Levi and my Dino-self when we says this is simply pure pure Dino-poetry...very well crafted, very creative...very very Dino-honorin'....and thanks for you kind words as well....and above all else...keeps lovin' our Dino....

Shaun said...

Hello Kylie,
What you wrote is neat, when I hear this song just now, its easy to know why you fell asleep at night.
Its a dreamy lullaby
Thanks
Shaun

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Deanager Shaun, likes cool to see you made it to our humble little ilovedinomartin Dino-blog....and thanks for givin' our Ky some appreciato...certainly our dreamy Dino knows how to sings a dreamy lullaby! Hopes to hear from you often here pallie!