Sunday, June 26, 2011

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "For The Good Times"

Hey pals! Welcome back for nother' Sunday Serenade! This week I figured I would let wifey, Mrs. Michelle G., have a go at it. I asked her to pick one of her favorite favs of Dino tunes for this week's blog. It only took a couple secs til she decided unquestionably on "For the Good Times."

This country themed number was actually written by Kris Kristofferson. It really boosted his career and became the title track to Dean's 1971 album. These country/western styled songs became Dino's niche during the 70's. Kind of a reinvention of himself from the Italian crooner to the cattle ranchin' cowboy.

I love all these songs! I think it was a great change of pace for Dean. This album appealed not only to your everyday Dean Martin fan but also opened up a whole new fan base of country western enthusiasts. Smart smart move Dino ol' pal! Now, let's get to that smooth smooth country styled croonin'!!!

Danny G.



For The Good Times

Don't look so sad, I know it's over
But life goes on and this old world will keep on turning
Let's just be glad we had some time to spend together
There's no need to watch the bridges that we're burning

Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine
Hear the whisper of the raindrops blowing soft across the window
And make believe you love me one more time
For the good times

I'll get along, you'll find another
And I'll be here if you should find you ever need me
Don't say a word about tomorrow or forever
There'll be time enough for sadness when you leave me

Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine
Hear the whisper of the raindrops blowing soft across the window
And make believe you love me one more time
For the good times

For the good times
For the good times

No comments: