Sunday, February 05, 2012

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "I Can't Help Remembering You"

Hey pals, this week's Serenade comes off one of my fav Dino al-b-ums! 1967's "Welcome To My World" got Dean back on the charts and put out some great, memorable tunes.

"I Can't Help Remembering You" is filled with appreciation & Dino-praise for some kind & generous young lady who remained in his thoughts over the years. She must have been VERY special to help Dean through his bluest of blue days!

We all need someone like this pallies! Let's hope that the most special person in our lives is on this here Dino-site right now & is listenin' to this here Dino-tune! Make sure you let that special someone know that Dean is sendin' this one out to them! Enjoy pals!



I CAN'T HELP REMEMBERING YOU

I can't forget your mem'ry haunts me yet
I can't forget the way you used hold me so tight
Day after day my thoughts just seem to stray
Back to those happy days and to those wonderful nights
Your smiling face when my world turned away
Gave me the strength to go on through each blue day
I can recall the magic of it all but I can't help remembering you
Your smiling face...

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Nobody sings a love song like our Dino!

Mike The Country Musicologist said...

"I Can't Help Remembering" is one of my favorite Dean Martin songs; have listened to it since I was probably 3 or 4 years old, on the Greatest Hits album. Still have it, in fact, and still listen to the whole album.