Thursday, June 25, 2015

Blessings to my ears on this, his birthday!

 Hey pallies, likes when we opened our email yesterday we discovered this swankest of swank surprise from our most devoted-to-Dino pallie Miss AOW.   Miss AOW's epistle  to us tagged "My Contribution Dino's Birthday Month" contains remarkable reflections of the purest of pure sort of Dino-devotion found in part of her  "diary entry for June 6, 1968, (her) high school graduation day."

Miss AOW kindly told us that her tender and touchin' thoughts were  "exclusively written for I Love Dino Martin," and we are awesomely appreciative and profoundly pleased by her gracious generosity  of Dino-spirit to honor our Dino and our humble little Dino-blog in this way.

Thanks Miss AOW for sharin' these marvelous memories of your early days as a deep devotee of our most beloved Dino!  And, pallies, be sure to drop by Miss AOW personal presence on the web by clickin' on her name at the beginnin' of her Dino-reflections   Dino-always, ever, and only DMP

(by Always On Watch)


I've been decluttering our home, where Mr. AOW and I have been living for 43 years.  

In the process of cleaning out some file cabinets — Lo and behold! — what did I find?  Some of my old diaries from my high school days.  At that point in my life, I had been a Dino fan since the summer of 1965, a few weeks before the Dean Martin Show debuted on NBC.

A portion of my diary entry for June 6, 1968, my high school graduation day, honors our beloved Dino.  Here is, lightly edited, the portion honoring our Dino, along with the corresponding Dino tunes:

After the graduation ceremony, several or us went to dinner at Bob's Beef House.  And, just as we were entering at 9:45 P.M., I heard Dino's "Wallpaper Roses."  





During the course of the rest of the evening, I heard "Little Old Wine Drinker Me." TWICE!  




Blessings to my ears on this, his birthday!

I arrived home at midnight.  And what was on TV?  Who Was That Lady?, starring Tony Curtis and, of course, the FABULOUS Dean Martin.


original film poster


The perfect end to my high school graduation day!  Off to college in September.

2 comments:

Danny G. said...

Man o man, Ms. AOW!!! What a night that MUST have been for you! I'm excited just thinkin' 'bout it! Haha!! Great memory! Thanks for sharin' that walk back in time.

Always On Watch said...

Danny,
I had remembered all the Dino connections of that night so long ago. When I stumbled across my old diaries during a big clean-out here, I immediately thumbed to June 7, 1968. I just knew that I had to share these memories with other Dino fans.