Saturday, February 20, 2016

Graham Remembers: A Letter To Jeanne and A Reply From Jeanne

Dean Martin - L-O-V-E (Live In London)

Hey pallies, likes the awesome amore for our most beloved Dino keeps flowin' from our pallie Graham's pen, and we are absolutely appreciative of yet 'nother Dino-remembrance from Graham on this twentieth day of Dino-amore month!  This time 'round Graham tells us 'bout a relatively recent extraordinary encounter with our Dino's second wife, Jeanne.

Likes youse will be magnificently moved by Graham's deepest of deep desire to communicate his decades long devotion to our Dino to Dino's Jeanne.  Graham is a man of devoted determination when in comes to our King of Cool and we are most delighted to once 'gain share his remarkable remembrances with Dino-holics all over the globe.

We don't want to say to much to spoil Graham's weavin' of wise words, and so we will just say, THANKS 'GAIN PALLIE! for sharin' more of your touchin' and tender testimony of deepest of deep devotion to our one and only Dino.  And, likes Graham, if youse scribed it, we'll be sure to share it here at ilovedinomartin.  You are certainly makin' Dino-amore month 2016 full of most memorable moments your ongoin' awesome adulation of our main man!   Dino-only, DMP




Hi DMP.    Just checked out ilovedinomartin and my story looks great on the web !! Thanks for using it.

I'll tell you another little gem that very few know about .

 A couple of years ago I decided to try and make contact with Jeanne, a lady I always thought was the one and only true love of Dean's .  They always seemed the perfect showbiz couple, with a loving and complete family , and were often seen "out on the town" together. It came as a huge shock to us when they divorced in 1973. I'm sure others were totally shocked with their parting too. It was such a shame . I'm so glad that in later times Dean and Jeanne did spend a lot of time together again.

Anyway , after my London excitement with Dean , I always wanted to somehow let Jeanne know what Dean meant to my family and I .

 I wanted to tell her all about what meeting Dean meant , and why I wanted it to happen . I wanted to tell her of the years of following his life and career, collecting all sorts of items , and making so many friends Worldwide who loved Dean too.

But I could never really find out her ACTUAL home address, but then a friend of mine, from "somewhere in Europe", had managed to visit Jeanne's home in Beverly Hills , but was refused access at the gate.

So now thanks to my friend , I  knew for certain Jeanne's home address. And, so I put pen to paper and sent off a lengthy letter . Well , it wasn't that long but I did manage to say what I wanted to .
And I got a reply from Jeanne in person, a couple of weeks later !!!

A parcel was delivered to my home from Beverly Hills, California. A parcel from Jeanne Martin !!
Inside Jeanne had so kindly sent me a lovely hand written note on monogramed paper, a DVD of some of Dean's TV work , and some special " no one else has these" photographs, of Dean and Jeanne on their wedding day .

How wonderful is that ??!!

I never thought I'd get a reply , but it just goes to show how thoughtful the Martin family are, and if you really want something, and go about it the right way,  things CAN happen in life.

 Of course I replied to say a huge thank you , as I did when I recieved a "Thank you" card, after I'd sent a sympathy card to Jeanne and the Family when Dean passed ...............but that's another story.

Bye for now , and best wishes,
Graham.

6 comments:

Danny G. said...

Very cool, Graham! I agree...Jeanne was his #1.

BlueisCoool said...

A wonderful story and blog posting as always DMP! Thank you my friend for bringing this our way!

Have wonderful week.

Scott

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Danny-o, we woulda concur, but our Dino enjoyed the pleasures of many groovy young chicks 'pon his departure from wife numero duo. Keeps lovin', keeps sharin' our most beloved Dino!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Scotty-o, we have been most pleasantly pleasured to be able to bring Graham's Dino-adulation to our remarkable readership. Keeps lovin' and sharin' our most beloved Dino!

BlueisCoool said...

I decided to re read this and still am amazing how wonderful that Jeanne took the time to answer a letter and send the things she did. That would almost never happen with todays so called stars, who really are nothing compared to the legends of yesterday like DM. It seems so many people today are all about themselves and nothing more. I think this really hit home when i stumbled on the so called entertainment site, The Daily Mirror. I have never seen a more shallow group of people with almost no talent and these are are the so called stars of today. I have a very hard time figuring out why these people are in the position that they are. None of then can hold a candle to Dean and Jeanne.

My rant for today is over. lol

Take care DMP.

Scott

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks Dino-bro Scotty for speakin' your piece...and likes, of course, we couldn't 'gree with you more! Keeps lovin', keeps sharin' our main man!