Sunday, August 27, 2017

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "The Things We Did Last Summer"







Welcome back, pals!

Can youse believe it's the tail end of August already?!

Man o man...wasn't I just announcin' the "unofficial" start of Summer?! Haha!!

Crazy!

Time TRULY does slip through your fingers, my friends.

Hey...It's been one Hell of a ride though...huh, pallies?

Ups & Downs & All-arounds.

We celebrated a VERY special 100 year Dino-milestone...& we said "So long, Jer" to a VERY special Dino-brother.

Yup...this isn't a season that I will soon forget, mi amici.

Probably never will.

Summer 2017 is DEF I NATE LY one for the history books.

Well, pals o mine...gonna make this week's Serenade short & sweet.
No need to go on & on.

Just gonna soak it all in...& reminisce.

How's 'bout a wee bit of "The Things We Did Last Summer"...to help us out?

Cool.

Enjoy. 



The boat rides we would take
The moonlight on the lake
The way we danced and hummed our favorite song
The things we did last summer
I remember all winter long

The midway and the fun
The kewpie dolls we won
The bell I rang to prove that I was strong
The things we did last summer
I remember all winter long

The early morning hike The rented tandem bike
The lunches that we used to pack
We never could explain that sudden summer rain
The looks we got when we got back

The leaves begin to fade like promises we made
How could a love that seemed so right go wrong
The things we did last summer
I'll remember all winter long
I'll remember all winter long.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The song is ok for me, but I just love the months leading to autumn (fall) and winter (I live in a tropical country for that matter). In three months time it's gonna be Christmas and I love Christmas! Can't wait to listen to Dean croon some Christmas songs.

Danny G. said...

As long as our pal is croonin'...Winter, Summer, Spring or Fall...All is good with me! I gots to admit that I too can't wait to jam with some snowy Dino-tunes! Thanks for the commentin', Mabel!

Always On Watch said...

I love the images accompanying this video and tune.

Interesting that this video was published in 2015 -- before the death of Jerry Lewis. Much of the video imagery seems to focus on Jerry.

Always On Watch said...

Mabel,
Gotta agree with you about loving the Christmas Dino tunes!